So we are on the rapid down hill slope to bikini season and although many of us want to shed some kilo’s, we also don’t want to give up having that little bit of dessert after dinner. This recipe combines both of these circumstances – a low-fat ice cream recipe made with delicious Wedgewood Nougat!
- 1/2 cup sugar or sugar-alternative
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups 2% fat milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla bean extract or paste
- 50 grm Wedgewood nougat cut in to fine slivers
1. Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a large heavy saucepan. Gradually whisk in milk and half-and-half. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat.
2. Whisk egg yolk until slightly thickened. Gradually whisk about 1 cup hot cream mixture into yolk. Add yolk mixture to remaining cream mixture, whisking constantly. Whisk in vanilla.
3. Pour mixture through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, discarding solids. Cool 1 hour, stirring occasionally and then add Wedgewood nougat chunks. Place plastic wrap directly on cream mixture; chill 8 to 24 hours.
4. Pour mixture into freezer container of a 1 1/2-qt. electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Let stand at room temperature 5 to 10 minutes before serving.