Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 4 Hours refrigeration
Yield: 6 servings
75 g butter
220 g Salted Caramel Angels Biscuits
200 ml fresh whipping cream
200 g cream cheese (room temperature)
200 g of Raspberries, fresh or frozen
100 g White Chocolate
***Hold back a handful of the raspberries for the top decoration
1. Place all your Angels biscuits in a Ziplock bag, and using a rolling pin bash them until they become fine crumbs.
2. In a mixing bowl, melt the butter for 30 seconds in the microwave. It should be liquid. If not, heat for a further 10 seconds, or until it has completely melted. Add the crumbed biscuits to the butter and mix very well until it is all incorporated.
3.Lightly oil the base of your tin if using a large tin. Transfer the Angels biscuits mixture to the baking pan.
4. Use the bottom of a glass or other object and compress the biscuit mixture as much as possible. The harder it is the less likely it will come apart when you take it out of the pan. Use the back of your hand and go along the edges pushing the mix down and compressing.
5. Put in the freezer to set whilst you make the filling.
6. If you are using frozen raspberries, dry them off after defrosting with kitchen paper. From the raspberry quantity, take some out for decorating and set aside, then divide the rest into two equal portions. The first portion, puree them, and the second portion, leave whole.
7. Place the white chocolate in a bowl, but hold one small piece back if you want to grate some on the top as decoration. Put in the microwave for 20 second intervals and melt until soft. **** Do not over heat so it becomes liquid, as your chocolate will go horrible and grainy, hence melt in 20 second intervals until real soft but NOT liquid. Then set aside.
8. Whip up the cream cheese until fluffy then add the fresh cream. Continue to whip until stiff. Add the melted chocolate and combine, then add all the pureed & whole raspberries, folding it into the whipped mixture.
9. Brush the side of the tin all around with some butter to prevent the pie from sticking. Transfer to the tin and smooth the top over.
10. Place in the fridge for 4 hours MINIMUM. You can speed up the chill time by placing in the freezer for a couple of hours.
Decorate with a sprinkling of fresh raspberries and grated white chocolate and enjoy!