Do we have a treat for you! We collaborated with Wayland Green, Executive Culinary Artist, at Granny Mouse Country House & Spa to bring you this Honey, Macadamia & Blueberry Nougat Tart…
For the Base
• Angel Biscuits x 150g
• Butter x 20g
• Start by melting your butter and set aside
• In a blending or food processor add in your angel biscuits and blend till a crumb is formed.
• Slowly add in your melted butter to form a wet crumb.
• You can now remove the crumb and place in a mould or tart case.
• Allow to rest in the fridge for about 10 – 15 minutes so the base can set.
For the Filling
• Macadamia Honey Nougat x 100g
• Cream x 250ml
• Blueberries x 50g
• Gelatine Powder x 1 teaspoon
• Sugar x 50g
• Water x 15ml
• Heat up your cream in a sauce pan on low heat.
• Cut up the nougat into small pieces as this will melt easier in the cream.
• Add the nougat to the cream and whisk till it has all dissolved.
• Remove from the heat and allow cooling for about 20 minutes.
• Whisk the cream and nougat mixture every 5 minutes to prevent a crust from forming on the top.
• In a separate sauce pan add your blueberries, water and sugar and heat on low heat.
• This is for the blueberry compote that you will add to the nougat mixture or on top as a jelly.
• Once the liquid starts to thicken to compote like stage remove from the heat and set aside for cooling.
• Add in your gelatine powder and whisk properly to dissolve the granules.
• Now that your base has set and hardened you can add in your nougat mixture.
• You can now add the mix the blueberry mixture into the nougat mix well.
• Poor the cooled nougat mixture into your mould over the biscuit base and put it back in the fridge to set for about an hour.
• Once set you can remove it from the mould or tart case and serve as a great afternoon tea snack or even a dessert for friends and family at the dinner table.
• Serve with whipped cream and fresh blueberries.