Mon’s Nougatina Pavlova
- 8 Egg Whites, whipped
- 400g Castor Sugar
- 250g Dates
- 125g Cherubs Biscuits
- 200g Macadamia Nuts, chopped
- 250g Fresh Cream, whipped
- 1 Tsp of Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Strawberries, Blue Berries, Mint or other fruit to decorate.
This elegant desert or teatime treat was designed by our lovely friend Mon (whose recipe book we we love to steal from!) Mon has used our Wedgewood Pantry staples to create a unique caramel and honey flavoured twist on the traditional Pavlova. You can swap these ingredients out for other fruits and nuts but for the real experience try to get the ingredients listed above.
Whisk the egg whites until stiff and gradually whisk in the sugar until a meringue has formed (with stiff peaks). Chop the dates, biscuits and macadamia nuts into small pieces and dust them with the baking powder. Stir into the meringue mixture and spread evenly onto a Swiss roll tin, lined with greased grease proof paper. Make an oblong of mixture smoothed out evenly but not touching the sides. Bake in the oven preheated to 160C degrees for 40 minutes. Allow to cool. Cut in half length-ways and sandwich together with the whipped cream mixed with honey. Transfer gently to a serving dish. Sprinkle with icing sugar and strawberries and mint.
The Wedgewood Team and Mon x
April 2020 -
- - Gilly’s Moist Choc-A-Block Cake
- - Wedgewood Mother’s Day Mochaccino Macalettes Cake
- - Wedgewood Salted Caramel Sauce
- - Day 35 – Artisanal white bread recipe
- - Day 30 – almond, date & apricot snack bars
- - Super Duper Double Chocolate Hideaway Cake
- - Gogo’s Coffee Cake
- - Day 13 – Victoria Sandwich Cake
- - Day 9 – 2 recipes in 1!
- - Day 8 – The Ultimate Brownies
- - Day 7 – Lemon Meringue Pie
- - Day 6 – Gilly’s simple bread recipe