Gilly’s Moist Choc-A-Block Cake
2 x lamington tins (deep straight-sided baking tins, lined and greased)
3 Eggs beaten
2 x Cups Plain Yoghurt
250g Soft Butter
2 x Cups Castor Sugar
250mls Cocoa Powder (sifted)
2 x Cups Flour (sifted)
2 Tsp Bicarb
For the icing
160g Dark Chocolate
2 Tbsp Butter
To start, turn your oven to 180 degrees. Beat the eggs in a small bowl. Add the yoghurt and stir together gently.
In a separate larger bowl beat together the butter and castor sugar until light and fluffy. Stir into this the sifted cocoa powder until blended. Now add the egg mixture.
Now add the sifted flour and bicarb. When all the ingredients are combined, spoon the mixture into two greased and lined Lamington tins and bake for 45 minutes at 180 degrees. Allow to cool slightly before turning out onto a wire rack.
Now, melt the dark chocolate and the butter together in a bowl over a pan of boiling water, carefully! Remove from the heat once melted and add the cream slowly to the chocolate. Spread over the top of the cooled cakes and serve with tea and a dollop of cream!
In 1994, Gilly used to serve Choc-a-Block at her Tea Garden, on the farm. Each Lamington tin makes 10 square servings. We hope that you love it as much as her customers did.With love from Gilly and the Wedgewood Family x
April 2020 -
- - Wedgewood Chocolate and Cranberry Florentines
- - Gilly’s Famous Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
- - Gilly’s Moist Choc-A-Block Cake
- - Wedgewood Mother’s Day Mochaccino Macalettes Cake
- - Wedgewood Salted Caramel Sauce
- - Day 35 – Artisanal white bread recipe
- - Day 30 – almond, date & apricot snack bars
- - Super Duper Double Chocolate Hideaway Cake
- - Gogo’s Coffee Cake
- - Day 13 – Victoria Sandwich Cake
- - Day 9 – 2 recipes in 1!
- - Day 8 – The Ultimate Brownies
- - Day 7 – Lemon Meringue Pie
- - Day 6 – Gilly’s simple bread recipe