Wedgewood Billionaire’s Shortbread
Designed in our Artisanal Kitchen by our very own fabulous artisanal chef, this recipe takes millionaires shortbread to a whole new level (with a layer of nougat fudge hidden inside) Serve it with tea in bed….and make someone feel oh so special!
300g salted caramel angel biscuits
Blend together and press into a 20cm x 20cm greased and lined baking dish. Allow to chill for an hour in the fridge.
For the filling
3x 100g Wedgewood Macadamia Nougat bars, freeze and then finely chop or blend into a powder
Method for filling
Bring water, sugar and butter to a low and gentle simmer and allow to reduce until the syrup turns to a light shade of caramel, or to 115°C on a sugar thermometer.
Add in your Wedgwood Macadamia Nougat and stir together well.
Spread this mixture over your chilled biscuit base (take it right up to the edges)
Allow to rest for 30 minutes to cool.
100g fresh cream
300g chopped dark Belgian chocolate
Heat the cream in a saucepan to just below simmering. Stir the chocolate piece into the cream to create a shiny spreadable chocolate paste.
Spread the chocolate over the top of the Billionaire base and filling, all the way to the edges.
Return to the fridge for at least 2 hours. Best stored in the fridge
Slice and enjoy your little bit of Wedgewood heaven!
With love from the Wedgewood Team x
April 2020 -
- - Gilly’s Moist Choc-A-Block Cake
- - Wedgewood Mother’s Day Mochaccino Macalettes Cake
- - Wedgewood Salted Caramel Sauce
- - Day 35 – Artisanal white bread recipe
- - Day 30 – almond, date & apricot snack bars
- - Super Duper Double Chocolate Hideaway Cake
- - Gogo’s Coffee Cake
- - Day 13 – Victoria Sandwich Cake
- - Day 9 – 2 recipes in 1!
- - Day 8 – The Ultimate Brownies
- - Day 7 – Lemon Meringue Pie
- - Day 6 – Gilly’s simple bread recipe