Wedgewood Salted Caramel Sauce
This creamy, salted toffee flavoured sauce is a delicious pantry staple to keep in your fridge for when the whim takes you to get inventive. Highly versatile, dazzle your friends and family with your creativity. Pour over ice cream, drizzle on pancakes, add to a hot brie, throw over puddings and cakes, spoon into milkshakes…there is no going back….this recipe is liquid alchemy!
250g Castor Sugar
200g Wedgewood Dark Miombo Woodland honey
5g Maldon sea salt
130g Butter (cut into cubes)
300ml Fresh Cream
Heat the sugar, honey and salt in a saucepan on a low heat. Stir for 5 minutes until there are no sugar granules visible.
Add the butter and continue to stir slowly for 3 minutes.
Add the cream and keep stirring until the mixture is a beautiful golden colour (about 5 minutes to reach temperature).
Allow to cool slightly and then….go wild!
To store, pour the Wedgewood Salted Caramel Sauce into a sterilised bottle. Our sauce keeps for six weeks in the fridge (if you have a lock on it!)
April 2020 -
- - Wedgewood Mother’s Day Mochaccino Macalettes Cake
- - Wedgewood Salted Caramel Sauce
- - Day 35 – Artisanal white bread recipe
- - Day 30 – almond, date & apricot snack bars
- - Super Duper Double Chocolate Hideaway Cake
- - Gogo’s Coffee Cake
- - Day 13 – Victoria Sandwich Cake
- - Day 9 – 2 recipes in 1!
- - Day 8 – The Ultimate Brownies
- - Day 7 – Lemon Meringue Pie
- - Day 6 – Gilly’s simple bread recipe