Wedgewood’s Big Easter Surprise Cake
6 x Eggs
1 x Tablespoon Cinnamon
2 x Teaspoons Nutmeg
1 x Tablespoon Bicarbonate of Soda
200g Roasted and Chopped Wedgewood Macadamias
750ml Grated Carrots
1 x Tin Crushed Pineapple (with the juice)
2 x 225g Bags of Wedgewood White Chocolate Macalettes (one for the decoration and one for hiding inside the cake)
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease a cake tin and line the base and walls with baking paper.
Beat the eggs, sugar and oil together for 3 minutes. Sieve the dry ingredients together and set aside. Add one bag of Wedgewood Macalettes (try not to eat them!), pineapple, carrots and chopped Macadamia nuts into the egg mixture and then fold in the dry ingredients with a large spoon until combined.
Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 1 hour.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely…..it’s worth the wait!
Marmalade Butter Cream Icing
250g Full Fat Cream Cheese
2 x Cups Icing Sugar
125g Butter (soft)
1 x Tablespoon Marmalade
Beat together the butter cream cheese and marmalade until light and fluffy. Add the icing sugar and beat for a further 3 minutes. Now ice your cake as smoothly as you can to give the effect of a Simmel Cake and then garnish it outrageously with Wedgewood White Chocolate Macalettes for an Easter look. We used gold powder to give it the wow factor we think it deserves!
With love from the Wedgewood Team x
April 2020 -
- - Gilly’s Moist Choc-A-Block Cake
- - Wedgewood Mother’s Day Mochaccino Macalettes Cake
- - Wedgewood Salted Caramel Sauce
- - Day 35 – Artisanal white bread recipe
- - Day 30 – almond, date & apricot snack bars
- - Super Duper Double Chocolate Hideaway Cake
- - Gogo’s Coffee Cake
- - Day 13 – Victoria Sandwich Cake
- - Day 9 – 2 recipes in 1!
- - Day 8 – The Ultimate Brownies
- - Day 7 – Lemon Meringue Pie
- - Day 6 – Gilly’s simple bread recipe