Wedgewood Nougat Strawberry and White Belgian Cheesecake with a Champagne Strawberry Sauce.
300g Wedgewood Original Cherubs Biscuit crumbed
100g Melted Butter
Mix the biscuits crumbs with the melted butter and press into a greased and bottom lined 25cm spring-form-tin. Allow to set in the fridge until the base is firm.
The Cheesecake Mix:
3 x 250g Full Fat Cream Cheese (Use cream cheese at room temperature to avoid a lumpy cheesecake!)
5ml Vanilla Paste
480g Wedgewood Strawberry and White Belgian Chocolate Nougat
250g Fresh Cream
6 Whole Eggs
The Champagne Strawberry Sauce
200g strawberries roughly chopped
125g castor sugar
4 x teaspoon gelatine dissolved carefully into 3/4 cup cold water
250ml Dry Champagne
Heat the gelatine and water mixture in a saucepan (must not boil or simmer). Remove from heat and add the Champagne without drinking any! In a separate saucepan heat the strawberries and the castor sugar and bring to a light simmer. This will take 5 minutes. Drain the liquid from the strawberry mixture and discard the pulp. Mix the strawberry syrup into the champagne and gelatine mixture. Allow to cool.
Start by setting your oven to 170°C. In a saucepan, heat the fresh cream and nougat whilst gently stirring. When melted set aside.
Now put the cream cheese, eggs, Vanilla and melted cream/nougat mix into a food processor. Blend until the mix is smooth. Pour over the biscuit base and bake for 45 minutes in the centre of the oven.
The cheesecake should wobble when you remove it from the oven for the perfect cheesecake when set. Allow to set in the fridge overnight if you can wait that long!
Gently run a thin knife around the edge of the cheesecake and gently remove from spring form tin. Use a large spatula to lift it from the base and remove the greaseproof paper from the base. Pour the Champagne strawberry sauce over the cheesecake before serving and decorated with fresh strawberries. Enjoy!
April 2020 -
- - Wedgewood Chocolate and Cranberry Florentines
- - Gilly’s Famous Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
- - Gilly’s Moist Choc-A-Block Cake
- - Wedgewood Mother’s Day Mochaccino Macalettes Cake
- - Wedgewood Salted Caramel Sauce
- - Day 35 – Artisanal white bread recipe
- - Day 30 – almond, date & apricot snack bars
- - Super Duper Double Chocolate Hideaway Cake
- - Gogo’s Coffee Cake
- - Day 13 – Victoria Sandwich Cake
- - Day 9 – 2 recipes in 1!
- - Day 8 – The Ultimate Brownies
- - Day 7 – Lemon Meringue Pie
- - Day 6 – Gilly’s simple bread recipe