Wedgewood Chocolate and Cranberry Florentines
You will need:
1 x medium sized muffin tin
15 x original Cherubs Biscuits (one per muffin tin base)
Belgian chocolate for dipping
For the filling:
2x Wedgewood 100g Macadamia Nougat bars, chopped into small pieces
40g Liquid Glucose
230g Castor Sugar
180g Wedgewood Dried Cranberries
170g Glace Mixed Citrus Peel
240g Flaked Almonds
200g Chopped Macadamia Nuts
Heat the nougat, honey, cream, butter, glucose and castor sugar together and allow to simmer for 2 minutes whilst stirring constantly. When all the ingredients are combined and smooth, remove from the heat, then add the balance of the ingredients and mix well to combine wet and dry ingredients.
Put one Cherubs biscuit into each of the medium muffin tin bases and spoon one tablespoon of the fruit and nut filling on top of each of the biscuits.
Bake for 23 minutes or until the mixture has turned golden brown.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
Tap the mini muffin tin on a work surface to release the Florentines and then remove from the baking tin with a spatula. For those feeling creative, allow the Florentines to cool on a wire rack and then dip in melted chocolate as an additional treat. Allow to set upside down on a wire rack.
Serve for afternoon tea and delight family and friends!
With love from the Wedgewood Artisanal Chef, Jen x
April 2020 -
- - Gilly’s Moist Choc-A-Block Cake
- - Wedgewood Mother’s Day Mochaccino Macalettes Cake
- - Wedgewood Salted Caramel Sauce
- - Day 35 – Artisanal white bread recipe
- - Day 30 – almond, date & apricot snack bars
- - Super Duper Double Chocolate Hideaway Cake
- - Gogo’s Coffee Cake
- - Day 13 – Victoria Sandwich Cake
- - Day 9 – 2 recipes in 1!
- - Day 8 – The Ultimate Brownies
- - Day 7 – Lemon Meringue Pie
- - Day 6 – Gilly’s simple bread recipe