Wedgewood Nougat Cheesecake With Handmade Honeycomb
- 2 tubs of 250g Mascarpone
- 250g Plain Cream Cheese (no experimenting with cottage cheese, we tried it….a watery mess!!)
- 2 boxes of Chocolate Angels biscuits
- 8 egg yolks
- 200g honey
- 125g cream
- 2g vanilla bean paste
- 1g Maldon salt
- 100g bar Wedgewood Macadamia Nougat (cut into pieces and oh so tempting to eat before baking!)
Easy peasy and so doubly impressive!
Grease and line a spring form cake tin with a layer of grease proof paper. We used a 25 cm diameter tin.
Then empty the Chocolate Angels biscuits into a zip lock bag and crush. Alternatively put them into a bowl and bash with the back of a spoon (very therapeutic!) until finely ground. Meanwhile melt the butter in a small pan or in a microwave. Now mix the butter and finely crushed Chocolate Angels biscuits and press the biscuit mixture into the base of the tin and place your freezer to chill for at least an hour.
While you wait, take a whisk or an electric beater and beat together the Mascarpone, cream cheese, Maldon salt, egg yolks, honey, cream, vanilla paste. Blend until smooth light and fluffy. Now mix in the pieces of Wedgewood nougat and pour over the now cool base. Leave to cool in the fridge for 30 minutes. Set your oven to 170 degrees ten minutes before you are ready to bake. Remove from the fridge and bake for 1 hour, turning the cheesecake half-way into baking. Remove from the oven and allow to chill in the fridge. Ideally make this in the morning to allow a full 6 hours in the fridge before serving (or be prepared to eat it with a spoon!)
Now you can go to town! Beautiful garnished with plain white roses, or like ours (made on the Wedgewood Farm) we used lashings of freshly made Salted Caramel sauce and shards of handmade honeycomb for a real feast.
Slice and enjoy with friends….or a good cup of tea!
Love the Wedgewood Team x
April 2020 -
- - Day 35 – Artisanal white bread recipe
- - Day 30 – almond, date & apricot snack bars
- - Super Duper Double Chocolate Hideaway Cake
- - Gogo’s Coffee Cake
- - Day 13 – Victoria Sandwich Cake
- - Day 9 – 2 recipes in 1!
- - Day 8 – The Ultimate Brownies
- - Day 7 – Lemon Meringue Pie
- - Day 6 – Gilly’s simple bread recipe